Virtual Races – everything entrants need to know
We wanted to release some guidance on virtual races as we have the ability to accommodate for this on our platform.
We understand how disappointing it can be for events to be cancelled after months of hard training. However, to combat this, many event organisers are opting to move their race to a virtual event! With a virtual race, run at your own pace, in a location of your choice and simply upload your distance evidence. This is a great way to stay active during times of isolation. If the organiser of your event has moved to a virtual race, please read below.
How to transfer your entry to a virtual race entry:
1. Log into your account at https://my.race-nation.co.uk/ using the email address you registered with. (If you’ve never logged in before you will need to first claim your account by entering the email address you registered with at this link https://my.race-nation.co.uk/account/claim and following the instructions)
2. When you have successfully logged in, you will need to locate the entry you wish to transfer and click on the ‘Transfer’ button.
3. Select ‘Transfer to another event’
4. Select ‘Virtual Race’. This will automatically transfer your entry from the original event to the new, virtual event
Now it’s time to complete your distance!
Using our Event App:
By using the RaceNation app, your friends, family and colleagues will be able to track your progress along the way, from the safety of their own home! Here’s how to enable this:
1. Download the RaceNation app and log into your account
2. Find the virtual race you have entered and select ‘My Entry’
3. Go to ‘My Event Settings’
4. Turn on ‘Tracking from this device’
5. You will have the option to ‘Enable Follow Code’ – this means people will require your unique friend code (displayed above this option) in order to track you. If you do not enable a follow code, anyone will be able to track you.
By using the app, you will also be able to take official branded photo’s to share your virtual run with the world.
Submitting your evidence:
When completing your virtual race, you will be required to use a third-party app to record your distance – we recommend using Strava. Here’s how to submit your evidence:
1. Log into MyRaceNation
2. Select your entry
3. Select ‘Custom Fields’ at the top of your entry
4. Copy and paste the link to your activity confirmation into the evidence text box and press save.
Good luck to everyone completing virtual races!